Awesome Awards

Awesome Awards
My 1st Ever Award!!!

Versatile Blogger

Versatile Blogger
I love awards!!!

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Here I go...

          Hello, my name is Christina Shaw. I am a mother of two busy boys, a wife (married 9 years, but together since high school, so 15 years), and a devoted educator.  I am also a professional student, because I am a professional and a constant learner. I love to learn from my students, colleagues, family, and professors. I have been teaching for 8 years in public school district, outside of Houston, Texas, but I have been working with kids and teaching over 10 years.  I am currently a graduate student and expected to graduate in August 2012 with a Masters of Education with specialization in Advanced Literacy from Concordia University-Austin. I have a Bachelor’s in Human Development and Family Studies from the University of Houston. Go Coogs! I have always wanted to be a teacher, but I wanted to learn about how children develop and to understand them before teaching.  I cherish and adore my kids, because I want them to feel safe and secure, which they may not experience at home.  My district is considered an urban and Title I district.
I am very new to blogging!  My successful, blogger SIL, Heather Shaw, has been so encouraging and helpful through this process.  Thank you so much Heather, I love you!
I am going to share my thoughts, ideas, and quirks with the world. I hope you will walk with me in this journey to help inspire the next generation with a hands on, loving, laughing, and exciting environment.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following.
    Welcome to the blogging world yourself. Good luck.
    I'm a follower now.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete